Terms & Conditions
Introduction to bootspersonalisedgifts.com
About Boots Personalised Gifts
The www.bootspersonalisedgifts.com website is operated by Personalised Memento Company (VAT No. 836750410), a trusted partner of Books UK Limited.
The registered office is Unit 2, Govan Road, Fenton Industrial Estate, Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, ST7 2RS. For any enquiries please use the contact us form. You as the customer will transact with Personalised Memento Company.
General Terms & Conditions
This is an important section of the site explaining the terms and conditions you are agreeing to when you use and/or shop from the bootspersonalisedgifts.com website.
Any reference in these terms and conditions to “we” or “us” refers to Boots Personalised Gifts.
Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this website are directed solely at consumers who access the website from the United Kingdom and/or Republic Of Ireland. Boots Personalised Gifts does not represent that any product referred to in the materials on this website is appropriate for use, or available, in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent the locals laws are applicable.
Any contract made between, whether for use of the site or in relation to the purchase of products or services through the site will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and all parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Any contract will be communicated in English.
You, as a customer, will be able to access most areas of the website without registering your details with us. Certain areas of the website are only available if you register and hold an account with us.
When we refer to ‘Best Selling’ products on bootspersonalisedgifts.com, this information is based on the number of products sold online during or up to 30 days previous. Where a product is labelled ‘Top Rated’ it means it has received the highest star rating based on ratings and reviews left by our customers. Our ‘New Products’ highlight the most recently launched products on bootspersonalisedgifts.com.
We have taken every care preparing the content of this website, however we cannot guarantee uninterrupted and totally reliable access to the website and so therefore guarantee that the information will always be completely up to date and free of errors. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Boots Personalised Gifts disclaim all warranties; express or limited, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this website and will accept no liability for any loss or damage arising as a result of problems with access.
Boots Personalised Gifts shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage, which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this website.
Certain (hypertext) links in this site may lead to other websites, including but not exclusive to Boots.com, which are not under the control of Boots Personalised Gifts. When you activate any of these links, you will leave the bootspersonalisedgifts.com website and Boots Personalised Gifts has no control over and will not accept liability or responsibility for the material on any website which is not under the control of Boots Personalised Gifts.
We may make software owned or operated by third-party companies available to you. You must only use this software in accordance with the terms and conditions imposed by the third-party provider.
The exclusions of liability set out in these terms and conditions shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Boots Personalised Gifts, or any of their employees or agents.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
We may update these Terms and Conditions at any time and we will notify such changes by uploading them on to the site. Certain provisions of these terms and conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this website. If you do not wish to accept any new terms and conditions after we have given notice, you should not continue to use this website.
All brand names, product and service names and titles and copyright used in this site are trademarks, trade names, service marks or copyrights of their respective holders. No permission is given by Boots Personalised Gifts for their use by any other person other than the said holders and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder’s rights.
All designs, text, graphics and their selection and arrangement on the bootspersonalisedgifts.com website are the copyright of Boots Personalised Gifts or its content providers. Permission is granted to users to electronically copy or print portions of this site for their own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of materials without Boots Personalised Gifts prior written consent is strictly prohibited.
Ordering From Us
The prices payable for the items that you order are clearly set out on the web site. All prices are expressed inclusive of any VAT payable. The price of the items does not include the delivery charge. The standard delivery charge is for mainland UK. Prices can change and we always bring you the latest prices as quickly as possible.
b) Product Descriptions
We use our reasonable endeavours to make sure that every product on bootspersonalised.com is shown accurately and prices are correct. However occasionally there may be small variations in colour typefaces and layouts. Boots Personalised Gifts disclaims all representations and warranties that the content or information on this website is accurate, complete and up to date.
c) Placing Orders
When placing an order with us we will send you an order acknowledgment by email, to the email address that has been indicated at purchase. This will outline the products you have ordered. Placing an order with us does not constitute our acceptance of your order. Our acceptance will not take place until your order has been despatched. The ‘purchase’ contract therefore takes place between yourself and bootspersonalisedgifts.com at the point of despatch whether or not payment has been taken prior to despatch. If you cancel your order or if we have notified you that we cannot accept your order then no ‘purchase contract’ will have been made.
We may be unable to accept you order if:
- Your chosen goods are not available
- We cannot obtain authorisation for your payment
- If there has been a pricing or product description error
- If you do not meet any eligibility criteria set out in terms 7 conditions
- If your order for personalised products contains content which is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience.
- Due to Licensing Act 2003, we cannot sell alcoholic products to anyone under 18 years of age. We may refuse an order or a delivery of alcoholic items at our discretion. By placing an order for alcohol, you confirm that both you and the person the order is sent to are aged 18 years or over.
- If the order is to be delivered outside of the United Kingdom or Republic Of Ireland
Boots Personalised Gifts pride ourselves on a fast service, therefore any products you order which are personalised will be sent for production immediately once payment has cleared. Please double check your order on screen before confirming your purchase as we will be unable to offer a replacement or a refund where personalisation has been misspelt due to an error made by yourself. Once your order status (in the My Account section online) has changed to ‘In Production’ you are no longer able to make changes to your order.
We accept payment by most major credit or debit cards or PayPal. Payment will be debited from your account before despatch of your purchase.
All credit and charge card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. Orders can only be delivered to UK or Republic Of Ireland addresses.
We understand the importance of receiving your gifts on time, ready for that special occasion. We will deliver your ordered products to the address which you have provided as a delivery address during the checkout process. If you wish to have your order sent to an alternative address to your billing address, simply enter this in at the time of purchasing. We do have a post code check service available so please utilise this to ensure the details are correct. If any of the details that you provide us are incorrect we are not liable for any items.
N.B. The despatch day is the day we send the item out with your chosen carrier, NOT the day it will be delivered.
Whilst we make every effort to deliver goods on the day we specify, we cannot guarantee delivery on that day or accept liability for deliveries made outside of this timescale. We cannot accept liability for out of pocket expenses or other costs incurred due to failed or delayed deliveries.
Some postal addresses in Northern Ireland, some offshore islands and some remote areas of Great Britain may not be covered by our normal delivery services and so we may have to contact you to advise you of extra postage charges.
All items are posted by Royal Mail’s 48 hours service unless the special delivery option has been selected at additional cost.
If you do not receive your items please check your local sorting office, even if you have not received a calling card through your letter box.
In the event we reproduce an item for you and subsequently the original is returned to us as undeliverable by Royal Mail, we reserve the right to charge an administration fee of up to the cost of the reproduced product.
We also reserve the right to wait up to 10 working days from the date of despatch before taking further action regarding an undeliverable item.
g) Returns and Refunds
We always try to ensure that our products are sent out in perfect condition. However sometimes due to situations beyond our control, for example a damage occurring during delivery, your item may arrive in an unsatisfactory state. In the unlikely event that you receive a faulty or damaged item or your item is wrong please contact us.
Boots Personalised Gifts reserves the right to restrict the number of items available for sale to any individual customer. All orders are subject to availability. If your order cannot be fulfilled you will be offered an alternative or given a full refund.
Certain items available on Bootspersonalisedgifts.com are age restricted. By placing an order for one of these items you are declaring that you are 18 years of age or over. These items must be used responsibly and appropriately.
Bootspersonalisedgifts.com has made every effort to reproduce colours on the site as accurately as possible. However, different computers and mobile devices reproduce colours in slightly different ways, and so exact colour matches are not yet possible over the internet.
We do not accept refund on personalised gifts due to colour variations
Bootspersonalisedgifts.com has taken great care to ensure prices are accurate. Prices may change over time, so if you use your wish list within ‘My Account’ as a way of re-ordering items, or if you save items in your basket between sessions, prices from previous sessions may no longer be valid. However, the correct price will be applied when you select an item from the shopping list and add to your current basket. All prices include VAT where applicable. Promotions available on Boots.com may not apply to Bootspersonalisedgifts.com.
Mailings and Emails
Everybody likes to take advantage of offers, whether they are Buy One Get One Free or 3 for 2. Through our mailings and email service we try to keep customers informed of carefully selected special offers that are available on the products featured on bootspersonalisedgifts.com website. However, we do understand that you may have a few questions to ask before you sign up so please check our FAQs for more information.
By giving us your email address you are agreeing to us sending you emails containing special offers plus news, products and services tailored to you from Boots and companies in the Alliance Boots group.
Offers and Promotional Codes
Bootspersonalisedgifts.com promotional code terms & conditions
- If you have a promotional code, you need to enter this into the box on the ‘My Basket’ page. You can find this box towards the bottom of the page, just above the order total. It says: ‘If you have a promotion code, please enter here’
- Promotional codes can only be used once per customer as defined by their email address, unless otherwise specified in the promotion’s individual terms and conditions.
- Only one promotional code can be used per transaction
- Offers cannot be used in conjunction with certain other bootspersonalisedgifts.com offers.
- Promotional codes offering a discount when you spend a certain amount can only apply to a single transaction and exclude delivery charges.
- Please note that promotional codes also have an expiry date, after which they are not redeemable.
- Promotional codes remain the property of Boots Personalised Gifts (www.bootspersonalisedgifts.com), are non-transferrable and may not be reproduced in any form.
- Promotions available on bootspersonalisedgifts.com may not be available on other Boots UK Limited websites, including but not limited to www.boots.com
- We reserve the right to withdraw any offers at any time
- All offers are subject to availability
- Availability while stocks last
- Boots Personalised Gifts reserves the right to limit certain offers to 1 order per customer as defined by their email address and/or delivery address.
- Offers are non-transferrable
- Boots Personalised Gifts (www.bootspersonalisedgifts.com) reserve the right to withdraw our offers without notice
- Points cannot be redeemed/spent on bootspersonalisedgifts.com
- Online points are accrued at a rate of 4 points to every whole pound spent
- For more information please see our Advantage Card Terms and Conditions Page
General bootspersonalisedgifts.com offer terms & conditions
Boots Advantage Card Points
Terms and conditions do apply when collecting Advantage Card Points on Boots Personalised Gifts;
- After shopping online on bootspersonalisedgifts.com, your points will automatically be uploaded onto your Boots Advantage Card account within fourteen days of your products being dispatched.
- If you return a product for a refund, we will deduct the number of points collected from your Boots Advantage Card account.
- All boots.com Advantage Card terms and conditions do apply and points will be subject to their approval
Ratings and Reviews and Question and Answer Terms and Conditions
By submitting any ratings or reviews to Boots Personalised Gifts, you represent and warrant that:
- You are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto:
- All “moral rights” that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you:
- All content that you post is accurate:
- You are the owner or parent of any pictures or images of children that you submit and that you consent to the use of such images.
You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
- That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- That is pornographic;
- That incites violence;
- That contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence;
- That infringes any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy
- That violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- That is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- For which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- That includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; or
- That contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
You agree to indemnify and hold Boots Personalised Gifts (and its employees) harmless from all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable solicitor’s fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
For any content that you submit, you grant Boots Personalised Gifts a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferrable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation or recognition to you.
Boots Personalised Gifts does not allow the contents of ratings and reviews to be used by third-party companies without prior consent.
Security and Privacy
We have made every effort to ensure we protect your personal information. Here you will find information on how we protect your security and privacy, changes to the law regarding use of ‘cookies’, information on ordering with us and assurances about credit and debit details.
Boots Personalised Gifts is dedicated to protecting your data and to ensure we comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
When you buy goods from us we record your details to ensure that we can:
- Be certain that any orders you have placed can be processed to completion
- Contact you in emergencies, such as an urgent product recall
- Deal with any financial queries
This data will not be used to send marketing offers or shared with any other third party other than those identified in our terms and conditions.
If you cancel your registration you will no longer be able to shop online or receive emails from us. Any orders you have placed will be processed as normal.
Upon ordering with us you are agreeing to disclose personal information to us.
When you go through the ordering process you will be asked to provide such information as your name, address, telephone number and email address. This information allows us to process and fulfill your order and to advise you of the status of said order.
Bootspersonalisedgifts.com will not sell or disclose any personal data to any third party unless required to do so by law.
If you agree to receive our newsletters we will use your email address to contact you, sending regular email newsletters informing you of new products, special offers and any featured information. By agreeing to receive email newsletters from Boots Personalised Gifts you are also agreeing to receive emails from boots.com website.
When a phone number is requested and provided, we may use this to contact you to ensure that you are happy with the service you received or we may pass this phone number on to the delivery company that is selected for your order upon purchase.
A ‘cookie’ is a file in your web browser that enables us to recognize your computer when you visit the site, providing you with the best possible experience whilst visiting your site.
This tool is used by many websites to help collect information, such as how many people visit and return to the site, what products are being clicked on and which go on to be bought, and to make certain parts of the site function properly.
We use ‘cookies’ to allow us to fill in our login fields with your email address, once you have registered with us. This is to enable customers to login to the website more quickly and easily when you make future visits to Bootspersonalisedgifts.com.
If you use another computer that is not your own personal computer (e.g. in an internet café or a friends computer) then it is possible that your e-mail address in the login field will show up to a subsequent user of the website. Therefore we suggest and advise that customers clear ‘cookies’ stored in the web browser when using another machine. The option for this is normally located in the browsers Tools menu/option.
If you have ‘disabled’ the cookies in your browser you may experience some technical difficulties and we cannot guarantee your experience navigating the site or the performance of the site itself.
For independent information about cookies, including amending your settings, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Products Containing Batteries
Some of our products, including our clock range, come supplied with batteries. Here at Boots Personalised Gifts we are committed to help the environment where possible. It is important to dispose of used batteries in a safe way through the proper channels.
Due to the chemical makeup of batteries, they should not be disposed of with normal household waste but rather through a recognized battery collection point. To find your nearest collection points please visit; http://www.batteryback.org/battery-collection.html . For further information regarding the disposal and the recycling of batteries you can visit; http://www.batteryback.org/links.html .
If you have an order query please email us using our contact us form or call us on 0845 609 0055 Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm.
Please note telephone calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
Boots Central Customer Care Team,
PO Box 5300,
Company registration number: (928555)